Covid-19 has affected almost all of us in the retail industry, both personally and professionally. As we work through this unprecedented situation and look forward to a time when our lives will resume some normalcy, many of us are struggling to keep our teams motivated, our children educated and our families safe.
At Shoptalk, our goal from the beginning has been to create a new community within retail. One of the key ways we’ve helped build this community is through onsite programming such as Tabletalks which are 45-minute in-person discussions that bring retailers and brands together with peers to share insights and generate actionable takeaways.
Today we are thrilled to announce a new, limited program called Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks which will take place on April 23, 2020. Run virtually, these Tabletalks will bring together 4-6 individuals from brands and retailers via Zoom to discuss how everyone is working through the challenges that have come with COVID-19. Matches for each group will be done via Shoptalk’s proprietary technology and personalization algorithm.
Unlike webinars or Q&As, the goal of Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks is to create new connections and build our community given that so many of us are now confined to our homes.
Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks discussions in April will be thematically based around one of the topics below:
- COVID-19’s impact on the retail industry: Physical stores, ecommerce and consumer behavior changes.
- Managing your business through the crisis: Workforce challenges, working with distressed partners and suppliers and more
- Working from home:
- Managing your teams or working successfully cross-teams
- Best ways to manage working from home solo
- Juggling childcare, remote learning, business demands and more
- Retail news beyond COVID-19: What else is happening in our industry while the pandemic dominates headlines?