Sales Development & Customer Support Representative
Division: Global Brands
Reports to: VP Sales
Location: NYC, New York
Job status: Full Time, Permanent
Shoptalk is looking for a Sales Development & Customer Support Representative role to join our NYC-based team to drive our hosted meeting sales and fulfillment for our tech customers. This role would involve two key functions: 1) selling hosted meetings and ticket sales for sponsors across the Shoptalk and Groceryshop portfolios and 2) execution of the hosted meeting events, which will require this role to proactively reach out to customers, answer questions, and ensure on-time execution of deadlines.
The majority of this role covers work on the Retail Meetup virtual events (Supply Chain Meetup, Groceryshop Spring Meetup, Shoptalk Meetup for Women and Shoptalk Fall Meetup), but will have some minor involvement in the 2 US in-person events: Shoptalk and Groceryshop.
If you are driven, customer-focused, want sales experience, and would like to be part of the in-person and digital events that are shaping the future of retail, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Sales Development & Customer Support Representative, you will:
- Meet and exceed individual and team sales targets
- Identify, prospect, and close new business opportunities within assigned territory
- Take customer from sales to execution by collecting logos and assets, answering questions, and assisting our tech solution providers in our proprietary platform with all operational aspects of our hosted retailer and Meetup programs
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and prioritize activities with customers during all phases of the sales cycle
- Be a champion for the customer and be the main point of contact during our Retail Meetups
- Utilize Salesforce to track and report account activity accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee customer experience from prospect through event execution
- Work collaboratively with other sales team members and other departments
- Stay informed on industry trends and engage with the larger retail tech industry
Skills & Experiences
To be successful in this role, you must have/be:
- 1-3 years of relevant business development or customer service experience, ideally in events, digital media, insights, or SaaS. New college graduates will be considered
- Passion for customers and ensuring a great experience for our tech providers
- Ability to execute within a deadline driven environment
- Desire to grow in a sales and customer-focused career
- Computer skills: proficient in MS office/GSuite. We can teach CRM (Salesforce) usage.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented- understanding that the details matter
- Agile and ability to multi-task- everyday is not the same and have the ability to pivot and prioritize different projects
- Strong work ethic and have high standards- knowing that “good enough” is definitely not enough!
- Have the ability to manage time and resources optimally
- Smart and a quick learner who is comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment
About Shoptalk & Hyve Group
Our 10,000 attendees tell us each year that Shoptalk and Groceryshop are the retail industry’s best events, consistently describing their experiences as amazing, educational, energizing, exciting, insightful, inspiring, productive and fun. Held annually in Las Vegas (Shoptalk: March, Groceryshop: September), Shoptalk and Groceryshop are unparallelled gatherings of individuals and companies reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy. The events provide platforms for large retailers and branded manufacturers, startups, tech companies, investors, media and analysts to learn, network, collaborate and evolve. Shoptalk’s portfolio also includes Retail Meetups, -- industry-leading virtual events that focus on large-scale networking and collaboration, underpinned by proprietary technology.
Hyve Group plc acquired Shoptalk in December 2019 and acquired Retail Meetup in December 2020. Hyve Group plc is a next generation global events business whose purpose is to create unmissable events, where customers from all corners of the globe share extraordinary moments and shape industry innovation.