Customer Success Specialist
Reports to: VP, Operations
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Customer Success Specialist is focused on working with sponsors partaking in Retail Meetups and the Hosted Programs for Groceryshop and Shoptalk. They will be responsible for managing data studios, doing excel merges, mail merges, communication schedule, and sending out communications, in addition to responding to questions with a customer first focus. The Customer Success Specialist will work closely with Operations, Sales, and Tech teams. This position will report directly to the VP, logistics.
Coordinates all client service activities with a focus on delivering the ultimate customer service experience. This individual spends their time assisting sponsors to complete each task as it relates to Retail Meetup and the Hosted Programs, including follow up via phone, text and email.
Shows empathy, concern, and genuineness in all client interactions. Ensures that the clients’ needs are met and service expectations are exceeded. Will strive to satisfy external and internal needs and provide consistent support to assigned accounts. Understands the importance of getting it right the first time by completing all tasks in a timely, accurate and “customer first” manner.
- Assist clients via inbound and outbound phone calls and e-mails. Responds to emails, voicemails, paperwork, platform updates
- Update and proof communications that go out via platform(s) ensuring correct dates and links, etc.
- Prepare support communications (email/phone/text) to send out to sponsors
- Direct sponsors to registration site, assist with registration inquiries
- Responsible for working with sales, operations, and tech to plan all communications and update to platform, as needed
- Assist with operations logistics, as needed
- Conduct audits of data (to include but not limited to, reasons to ensure business oriented, org profiles are complete, logos input correctly, and meeting caps are accurate)
- Use identified software and tools for record keeping
- Assist sponsors in navigating platforms for both Meetups and Live Events.
- Provide consistent and timely reporting of projects and meet identified deadlines
- Understand timelines and each phase of Meetup and Hosted program to support sponsors and any questions.
- Complete assigned reports within timelines as expected
- Other duties, as assigned
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very detail oriented
- Superior communications skills, oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously within expected deadlines
- Ability to travel twice per year
- Must be organized and process oriented
- A self-starter who is proactive, independent, flexible, and accommodating
- A team player willing to work collaboratively across departments and work independently as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
- 2-3 years of customer service support or sales support required (office environment preferred)
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Proficient in MS Office
- GSuite experience a plus
About Shoptalk & Hyve Group
Our 10,000 attendees tell us each year that Shoptalk and Groceryshop are the retail industry’s best events, consistently describing their experiences as amazing, educational, energizing, exciting, insightful, inspiring, productive and fun. Held annually in Las Vegas (Shoptalk: March, Groceryshop: September), Shoptalk and Groceryshop are unparallelled gatherings of individuals and companies reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy. The events provide platforms for large retailers and branded manufacturers, startups, tech companies, investors, media and analysts to learn, network, collaborate and evolve. Shoptalk’s portfolio also includes Retail Meetups, -- industry-leading virtual events that focus on large-scale networking and collaboration, underpinned by proprietary technology.
Hyve Group plc acquired Shoptalk in December 2019 and acquired Retail Meetup in December 2020. Hyve Group plc is a next generation global events business whose purpose is to create unmissable events, where customers from all corners of the globe share extraordinary moments and shape industry innovation.