Our New Set of Products: Shoptalk Virtual Events
Apr 15, 2020 by Zia Daniell Wigder
Today we are announcing a new set of products: Shoptalk Virtual Events.
Given the unforeseen and unprecedented circumstances we are all facing today, these events will initially focus on the impact of COVID-19 on retail and ecommerce. Shoptalk Virtual Events will be offered in three different formats:
- Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks
- Shoptalk Virtual Conferences
- Shoptalk Virtual Meetings
Like our in-person events, the formats of our virtual events will bring people together for everything from large-scale learning to small group conversations and one-to-one collaboration.
Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks
First to launch will be Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks, which will take place on April 23, 2020--initially they will only be open to retailers and brands registered for Shoptalk's in-person September 2020 event. Virtual Tabletalks will be held via video conference and will bring together individuals from retailers and brands in small groups of 4-6 individuals to discuss the effects of COVID-19 on retail.
Virtual Tabletalks are similar to Tabletalks held during Shoptalk's in-person events and will be organized using our custom technology, workflows and personalization algorithms, integrated for the first time with interactive video capabilities. Virtual Tabletalks are free to attend and, as with onsite Tabletalks, invite-only.
Shoptalk Virtual Conferences
Shoptalk Virtual Tabletalks will be followed by the first half-day Shoptalk Virtual Conference, which is free and open to all. It will take place from 11:30am-4:45pm EDT on April 30, 2020 via live stream. The event will include a 12-session agenda featuring more than 20 speakers. Topics include the many ways COVID-19 will transform the retail industry, ranging from changes in consumer behavior and workforce dynamics to radical reassessments of marketing spend and ecommerce. The event will also include a spotlight on the retail technologies set to accelerate in this changing environment.
The conference will have a range of perspectives including leading retailers, brands, investors, research analysts and more. Confirmed speakers for the virtual event to date include:
- Mike Edwards, CEO, Hanna Andersson
- Lauri Kien Kotcher, CEO, hello products
- JuE Wong, CEO, Olaplex
- Stu Landesberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Grove Collaborative
- Suzanne Hader, Chief Marketing Officer, John Hardy
- Carolyn Brown, Head of eCommerce, North America, Anheuser-Busch AB InBev
- Ben Sun, Co-Founder & General Partner, Primary Ventures
- Matt Nichols, General Partner, Commerce Ventures
- Deborah Weinswig, Founder & CEO, Coresight Research
- Melissa Gonzalez, Founder & CEO, The Lionesque Group
- Nithya Thadani, CEO, RAIN
- Chris Walton, CEO, Red Archer Retail, Omni Talk
- Wendy Liebmann, CEO & Chief Shopper, WSL Strategic Retail
- José Vicente Aguerrevere, Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO, Takeoff Technologies
- Daniel Laury, CEO & Chief Product Officer, udelv
- Michael Gabay, Co-Founder & CEO, Trigo Vision
- Richard Schwartz, President & CEO, Pensa Systems
- Adam Levene, Founder, HERO
- Liyia Wu, Founder & CEO, ShopShops
Details on the full agenda and a link to registration for Shoptalk Virtual Conference: COVID-19 are available here.
Shoptalk Virtual Meetings
Finally, Shoptalk Virtual Meetings will be expanded, video conference-enabled versions of our Hosted Retailers & Brands Program, which brings together thousands of individuals from retailers and brands with individuals from sponsoring companies for more than 10,000 onsite, one-to-one meetings each year.
Shoptalk Virtual Meetings will also incorporate the networking and collaboration initiatives traditionally conducted in connection with Shoptalk's in-person events, creating the ability for individuals throughout the retail industry to engage with each other across a wide range of use cases at scale in distributed and digitally interactive environments.
Additional details about Shoptalk Virtual Meetings will be shared in the near future.