Introducing Qalize, a Chicago-based fintech company launched in September 2016.
Customer experience with financial services is deeply fragmented. Mainstream banking approaches are becoming outdated with the multitude of fintech companies offering a multitude of very narrowly-focused services.
Awareness of digital/mobile payments solutions is growing dramatically. However, while over half of Americans are now aware of the ability to pay with their smartphone, customers do not see mobile wallets adding any intrinsic value to their shopping experience. Mobile wallets have been failing to emerge as an industry standard due to a lack of:
- a fully organic and effortless payment workflow for in-person and online checkout
- seamless integration of loyalty and payments at the moment of payment
Customer experience is fundamental
Qalize provides an unparalleled customer end-user experience for payments and financial services:
- smooth and fully contactless checkout at stores and counter-service restaurants (itemized payment requests pop up instantly on the user’s phone or smart watch - no scan or tap necessary)
- seamless payments and bill splitting at restaurants through codes printed at the bottom of each restaurant check - bills can be paid directly at the table
- the effortless, one-step online checkout mechanism
- open platform for products including but not limited to: prepaid gift cards, loans, utilities payments
- cash-back promotions from merchants available to the customer automatically and in real time
Cost-effective for merchants
Qalize pushes the boundaries for direct deposit as an instant method of consumer payment. Merchants who use Qalize’s cutting-edge proprietary POS systems or integrate our eCommerce solution pay highly competitive (or zero, depending on the setup) transaction fees on such payments. Gateways and POS providers who incorporate Qalize in their POS systems may charge merchants less and earn more as they do not need to share fees with card payment processors.
Qalize covers all types of businesses and integration scenarios:
- Proprietary smartphone and tablet-based POS software integrating both Qalize mobile app payments and card payments (Qalize is an official developer/reseller for Ingenico)
- SDKs for third-party POS providers
- add-ons for existing POS systems that do not require deep integration
- Teaming up with major market players on the POS and payment processing market, as well as distribution of proprietary POS systems to small and medium businesses
- Disruptively low fees on direct deposit payment through Qalize proprietary POS as a selling point for merchants
- Cross-selling additional services to customers, (loans, e-gift cards, prepaid cards, utilities payments) to develop a consumer focused “financial hub”
- Sharing fees with third-parties incorporating Qalize SDKs
Founder & CEO: 13+ experience in international finance law and investment banking, plus 4+ years of angel investing, based in Chicago.
Co-Founder & CTO: experience includes server architecture for a major bitcoin exchange, core development role and system architecture of an award-winning international digital signage platform, used by Intel.
Co-Founder & COO: extensive experience in e-commerce operations, SEO, SMM, back-office and support management for a number of major international gaming platforms.
Communications & Business Development: 10+ years of legal and real-estate consulting, sales and project management. Advising clients in the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries.
Qalize has fully implemented technology for launching SEPA and card payments in the EU and has lined up an experienced European sales team.