Managing Director, PwC
David leads PwC Pricing Practice for the Retail and Consumer Industry. With 25 years of pricing, retailing and assortment experience, David provides his clients with end to end solutions that embeds state of the art pricing and revenue growth management capabilities for his R&C clients. As a past strategy and Finance Executive at Unilever, David also brings 7 years of industry experience where he designed strategies for categories, managed the day to day execution, designed channel strategies, consumer segment targeting tactics and optimized assortment. David makes use of his analytics background to assess merger and integration projects to build a “cases for change” to enroll senior executives to fund large transformational projects.
Select project experience:
• Retailer Pricing Strategic Vision and Roadmap (current) : For one of the worlds largest retails, David designed an end to end pricing strategy and roadmap to embed state of the art pricing capability into this mammoth multinational retailer
• UK Grocery Pricing and Assortment Category Strategy: David help to design and end to tend pricing and assortment strategy for a leading UK retailer looking to expand its footprint into the beverage categories including creating JV(s) with boutique retail partners.
• Revenue Growth Management Program Design and Vision - Developed vision and roadmap to launch pricing capabilities globally for one of the largest CPG companies globally that included technology road maps, assessments and gathering of user requirements
• Pricing and Contracting Review: For a large CPG company operating primarily in US and Canada, conducted an end to end pricing and profitability assessment review covering pricing, promotions, contacting and underlying pricing technologies in advance of a major technology updated for pricing, promotions and contract management
• ERP RGM Deployment & Enablement- Migration from legacy systems to SAP for all pricing /promotion activities in the North America business of a large global beverage client (SAP, Tableau, SQL, Teradata) that included vendor assessments and selection
• Marketing Effectiveness: Redesigned one of the world’s largest advertiser’s global media business process saving over a half a billion dollars in spend